Dr. Nabil Ahmad Abuznaid
- Ambassador – Head of Mission, Palestinian Mission to Portugal – Lisbon, May 2017 – Present.
- Ambassador – Head of Mission, Palestinian Mission to the Netherlands – The Hague, 2009 – 2017.
Dean of the 16 Arab Ambassadors to the Netherlands, 2013 – 2017.
Lead representative in submitting the Palestinian application to the International Criminal Court (ICC), by making Palestine the 123rd state to sign the Rome Statute.
Lead a successful lobbying campaign in The Hague in March 2016. Resulted in the support of overwhelming majority of representatives of states for Palestine’s bid to become a member of the Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA). Palestine subsequently became the 118th Member State of the PCA.
- Chrgé d’Affaires, Palestinian Mission to the USA – Washington DC, 2008 – 2009.
- Deputy Head of Mission, Palestinian Mission to the USA – Washington DC, 2004 – 2007.
Member of the Palestinian Delegation which participated in peace talks in Annapolis in November 2007.
Formulated and delivered lectures on conflict resolution at prestigious American universities as well as on Capitol Hill.
Utilized media exposure gained from major television channels and newspapers to push the conversation on Palestine forward.
- Advisor to the late Chairman Arafat.
Worked closely with Chairman Arafat and the Palestinian leadership on American affairs and the peace process that led to the Oslo agreement.
- Advisor to the Chairman of the Board of Trustee, Director of International cooperation & Lecturer of Political Science, Hebron University, Hebron, Palestine, 1992 – 2003.
- PhD, International Relations, Warsaw University, Warsaw, Poland, 1998.
Dissertation – Palestine from confrontation to negotiations.
- Masters of Science, Political Science, Howard University and Georgetown University Consortium, Washington DC, USA, 1982.
- Bachelors of Science, Political Science, James Madison University, Harrisonburg VA, USA, 1979.
- Born in Dora – Palestine in 1954.
- Married to Rola Yousef , 3 children: Ahmad, Adam and Mariam.